The outstanding, Ciyo Brown is in the house for an exciting launch of his latest album, Can We Pretend!
AUDIENCE TICKETS SOLD OUT !!!
LIVE STREAMING TICKETS ONLY
Combining his seamless ability to flit between genres and create riffs and runs you wouldn’t believe, the singer/guitarist/composer lends his talents to a brand new musical love letter. The titular single was released, this past Summer - Ciyo’s rendition of Bill Withers' “Can we Pretend”.
The mantra for the album is 'Vocal Excursions with a Tinge of Guitar' - a vocal exploration of original material and songs taken from the Pop, Soul, Reggae and Jazz genres. However, whilst it is not an out and out guitar instrumental album, there is more than just a 'tinge of Guitar'. Recorded live at Slipway Studio (Co-Producer Simone Filiali).
Ciyo Brown – Vocals & Guitar
Robin Aspland – Piano
Neville Malcolm – Double Bass
Peter Adam Hill – Drums
CIYO BROWN BIO:
The Jamaican born musician, first picked up the guitar at the age of nine and was taught by his late father, Lorenzo Alexander Brown.
Throughout his illustrious career, Ciyo has participated in several different aspects of music to include theatre musicals, educational seminars and workshops, studio recordings and live performances. Ciyo’s career continues to take very interesting turns and he has increasing been asked to appear in musical settings in popular television series. This development has seen him appear in ‘Landscapers’ alongside Olivia Coleman, the period drama ‘Sanditon’ with the likes of Rose Williams, Crystal Clarke, Kris Marshall, Anne Reid, Jack Fox, Charlotte Spencer and Leo Suter, ‘A spy among friends’ alongside Damian Lewis and a live television performance on ‘The last leg’ alongside Alex Brooker, Josh Widdicombe and Adam Hills.
He has worked alongside a parade of internationally acclaimed artists. These have included Meli’sa Morgan, Glen Jones, Mica Paris, Melba Moore, Shirley Jones, Jean Carne, China Moses, YolanDa Brown, Omar, Linda Lewis, Tony Momrelle, Tara Minton, Jo Harrop, Judy Jackson, Imaani, Suggs, Caron Wheeler, Pauline Catlin- Reid (Shezzie), Soul II Soul, Jazz vocal sensation Vimala Rowe, Ann Nesby (Sounds of Blackness), Ruby Turner, Royal Wedding vocalist Paul Lee, Annie Lennox, Damian Flood, Leo Richardson, Alex Webb
Standard Admission (Seated)
Seating is allocated on the day. Please ensure tickets are purchased in the same name as the lead booker to ensure you are sat together.
Doors Open 1 Hour before Start Time.
|20:30 - 23:00||£20.00|
Watch at Home (Online Only)
Watch LIVE or LATER from the comfort of your own home.
|20:30 - 23:00||£20.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.