Joly Licks is back, for an epic Christmas Spoken Word / Cabaret Bonanza!
Expect a lot of laughs, a lot of fun and a jolly good old sing-a-long.
With some quintessential Joly Licks Sippin' and Rhymin' thrown in as well.
#sipandrhyme - the best poetry workshop you'll ever go to (obviously) is closing out it's third year and what better way to celebrate all the amazing talent we've seen on our screens and at our new home, @thedeptfordbus, then with a big old knees up! Creator and host, Fausta Joly will be posing some fun poetry exercises during the festivities and you can have a chance to feel yourself on the stage as well!
Joined by two incredible special guests:
After studying psychology and publishing an award winning paper on vaginas and well being- she had a calling...and has been on the cutting edge of vagactivism and mental health ever since! Her poetry has been spotted inside London taxis, featured on Sky Arts Bafta award-winning show ‘Life and Rhymes’ and heard at many a badass feminist event. She is also the cofounder of the creative arts night ‘The Vagina Festival.’
Her mission in life is to normalise conversations about bodies and mental health through humour and honesty.
The piano playing, pop singing, cabaret sensation from the East, Mark T Cox blows in, to dazzle and sparkle with some very well known ditties that you won't be able to help yourselves from singing. Mark T Cox has been generously spreading himself around for years, showcasing his camp musical comedy to anyone who'll listen! It's a rare treat to have him this side of the river and he'll be bringing all the festive joy!
Prizes and that festive feeling, a guarantee - so book your tables now.
It's going to be an absolute cracker of a night!
Doors open at 7pm
|19:30 - 22:30||£12.00|
Rudolfs and Vixens
Doors open 7pm
|19:30 - 22:30||£15.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.